In this month’s update, we look at upcoming shipping fee changes, the lasting effects of Ever Given on the shipping industry, and how the new wave of COVID-19 infections in India are affecting shipping internationally.
New MYC Logistics office
As a result of growing demand, the MYC team recently moved into our new office at 2/45 Welshpool Road, Welshpool.
What’s happening in shipping right now
Here are the top news items in shipping right now:
Here are the top current events occurring in shipping right now:
- The wave of COVID-19 infections in India has significantly impacted the international shipping industry, as crews become infected by COVID and ports deny entry to vessels.
- MSC Cooks River will increase their booking fee to $78 per container from 7/6/21.
- The Egyptian court has ruled that the Ever Given will be held in the waterway, where it has been since March 23, when it was stuck there for six days. There are 18,300 containers stuck on the ship.
- ONE (Ocean Network Express) has announced that there will be schedule delays with vessels due to heavy congestion in Singapore.
- CMA-CGM have announced that there will be a General Rate Increase, applicable to the Australian and New Zealand market from the 1st of June. Export shipments from all NZ ports to all Australian ports will be subject to an increase of USD$300 per 20’ container and USD$600 per 40’ container.
- The 2021-22 Budget will include provisions for Fair Trade Agreements (FTAs) with various countries, including the European Union, India and the United Kingdom.
- There will be a General Rate Increase (GRI) in Asia on all LCL import shipments. This is effective as of 15/05/21.
- The Freight & Trade Alliance and Australian Peak Shippers Association are calling for a new federal regulator to facilitate open international trade with Australian shippers in mind.
If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your MYC liaison or call us on +61 8 9253 0121.